Wednesday, January 11, 2017

The One Where Sister Adams Tells Us About The #Lighttheworld Initiative

hello all!
Ready to get all caught up again.
Had to move recently and got the gross flu going around so i haven't had much time to Blog her emails.


Here is her December 11, 2016 email! :)


#Light Up The World 

Hello Everyone!!

I'm so sorry I've been so late and lazy the past couple of weeks! Lots to do and lots to think about an i'm done making excuses, i promise!

I'm sure that you all have already hear about the Christmas initiative for this year but I LOVE IT!!! If any of yo know me at all, you know that I have a fascination and deep love for light. There's something about it that makes me happy, no matter the situation. So this year's initiative is about spreading "the light of Christ"! Could it get any better than that?!?! The video can be found on mormon.org and it's incredible. I'm so excited to spread "light" this Christmas season and light up the hearts of people here in Hong Kong. The initiative focuses around a 25 day calendar that helps us live as the Savior does and spread His light by serving like Him. So, in honor of that, today asked me to share something that I've learned in the scriptures recently. I recently restarted the Book of Mormon again and IT JUST GETS BETTER every time I read it. This time around i have been noticing just how important having the gift of the Holy Ghost is. The Book of Mormon would be an entirely different thing if God had not allowed the Holy Ghost to guide these people. In fact, The Book of Mormon wouldn't exist at all because Nephi would not have been led or directed in retrieving them from Laban. Another thing that has stuck out to me this far is how exactly obedient Nephi is and the incredible blessings that came from that. He changed nations with his obedience and we too can leave a legacy of obedience that can change generations. The Book of Mormon is true. Read it again. Over and over and it will never cease to amaze you how merciful and wonderful God and His perfect plan is!

The work in Tsim Sha Tsui is going good. Still no baptismal dates but Sister Christensen and I are going to find those elect people, wherever they may be. LOL! We had a stake Christmas music concert on Saurday night and somehow Sister Adam got roped into singing in it. I think the person who chose me to sing in it was having some serious regrets. I'm not going to post the video of the song but i'll post a picture of the killer balloon ginger bread house and snowman that they had there. It was so stinkin' cute!  We sang a mix of "O come, O come Emmanuel" and "What Child is This?" with a guitar. I serve with some incredibly talented people! I cannot believe that i get to spend another Christmas here in Hong Kong, and let's be honest it's truly a blessing from God because the first time around, as a fresh off the plane missionary, was a mess in a dress. HAHA. it's going to be a blast though and i'm already seeing miracles flying in from all sides of my Zone.

I'm sorry that this email is such a mess. It's harder to think full sentences in English these days (not that i'm the best SYLer on the planet, i just speak a lot of chinglish). I know that God and Jesus Christ live. I truly know that we have a LOVING Heavenly Father who truly wants to bless us and see us again. He wants to lead us to a perfect happiness, but He won't force us. I love the Plan of Salvation. I know that it's true. I know that when we follow God's plan and His timing, miracles happen and we become something greater than we ever thought was possible. For those of you that are searching, lost or unhappy, I really, sincerely encourage you to search for Him. you will find the happiness that you want but it's not in this world of changing values, it's in a plan created by a being that is perfect and UNCHANGING. He knows you. He loves you and He wants you back! I want you back too. There's a place for you here. 

I love you all and I hope that you all give the Christmas video a look a that you spread some LIGHT this Christmas!

Be good! Stay happy!

Love, Sister Adams






No comments:

Post a Comment