Friday, January 20, 2017

The One Where Sister Mindy Mint Talks About Her Transfer

Hello!
I love hearing from our amazing missionary. She seriously is doing so well in Hong Kong and i love hearing about her week and talking to her every Sunday. I'm such a proud sister when she talks about how much she loves the people of Hong Kong and her love for Jesus Christ. She is seriously such an inspiration and example to me!

Here is her January 8th email:

Oops. I lied.


Hello Everyone!

What an eventful week it was! I accidentally lied to you all when I told you that I was moving to Kwai Chung. On Monday night, I got a phone call saying that I will actually be moving to Tsuin Yi with two companions! So i am now in a Tri-panionship with Sister Vasseur (from Alberta, Canada, she's been here for 8 months) and Sister Tse (pronounced "Je". She's a native Hong Konger and is currently waiting for her visa to America. She'll be serving in Temple Square! She leaves in two weeks!!). I already love them dearly and really enjoy serving here in Tsing Yi. When i got to the area on Thursday, we hit the ground running. WE have had so many lessons! We teach in Mandarin as well, so i've been try to learn that (WAY different from Cantonese and I feel like it's day one in the MTC again). But i'm having a good time!

We have a couple of investigators that are doing really good! They seem pretty excited to learn. I'll let you know more about them once I learn more and can understand more Mandarin (LOL!). I think i'm going to like it here and hopefully be here until the end of my mission. In other news, our mission is changing it's transfers to 6 weeks like the rest of the world and I can't believe how fast that is!!

Scripture of the day is 2 Nephi 9:41 - "O then my beloved brothren, come unto the Lord, The Holy One. Remember that his paths are righteous, Behold, the way for man is narrow, but it lieth in a straight course before him, and the keeper of the gate is the Holy One of Israel; and he employeth no servant there; and there is none other way save it be by the gate; for he cannot be decieved, for the Lord God is his name." The way is straight. It's easy to know what the right path is to go down, because Jesus is the gate keeper. If you're searching for Jesus, you will definitely find the right gate. But don't forget about the evil of becoming complacent with what you already found. It's a path not a treadmill. We can't stay in one place. Keep walking! Keep praying!

I love you all. I hope you have a lovely week! 



No comments:

Post a Comment