Monday, May 1, 2017

The One Where Mindy Is Almost Done With Her Mission!!!

Hello!

Our wonderful missionary didn't write an email this week, but I still haven't posted last week's email yet, so there is still going to be a blog post! I have no idea if i'll be posting anymore because Mindy gets home from her mission in 8 DAYS!! We are all so excited to see her again! So this is my goodbye email. Next post will be from our cute missionary herself! :)

Here is Mindy's April 23rd email!


"If you hadn't told me me, I never would have known".

Hello Everyone!
I cannot believe how fast time is flying. It's already been 18 months of "go! go! go! go!" and I'm still loving it. How blessed I am to be able to serve the Lord for almost an extra month more than most sisters get! I was really grateful to be able to go to the temple this last week. I didn't go with specific questions this time but I did study quite a bit before I went this time and I think that truly made a difference. I got some answers to questions that I forgot that I had or noticed things during the session that I didn't notice before. It was enlightening. Not only to my understanding but also to my soul. I'm grateful we have a temple in our mission and that I have been able to partake of that blessing.

Aside form the temple, we were also able to meet with a couple of investigators this week. Our new investigator this week is a man name Marco. I think that I mentioned him last week. He's a members friend that has been coming to English class forever. He seems pretty sincere. He doesn't have very many questions yet and we aren't sure where or how his faith is. We shared about the nature of God, the need for a Savior, and a little bit about the pre-earth life. He didn't pray last week so we're hoping that he does tit this week. We also had the opportunity to meet with Jamie on Sunday. Amy was feeling sick so she didn't come but we had a great lesson with Jamie. We shared about the Plan of Salvation and she seemed to really soak it in. She asked questions when she needed clarification but otherwise she just took it in. At the end of it all she said, "This is really different. Thank you for sharing it with me. If you hadn't shared this, I never would have known!" It was awesome. It's moments like that where I remember why I'm here. If i wasn't here to share this, they would never know. Anyway, Jamie is awesome. She even did the reading assignment that we gave her. SOOO proud of her!

I LOVED Stake Conference yesterday. Those kinds of meetings are so much better when you understand 98% of what is going on. I especially love when the Area 70 made our Stake promise that if they just TRIED to share the gospel with their families, our stake would double in the next 6 months. WHAT? I thought that was powerful. I REALLY hope that our members heard it too. Sister Knapp and I immediately turned to each other with mouths open in awe. We've been pondering ways that we can get members on that ever since. I'm sensing a lot of prayer and fasting coming up in the next few months for the missionaries. I didn't actually understand the Elders name that spoke. I could hear it but it just wasn't computing in my brain. So, hopefully I can figure that one out soon. He's from Thailand if anyone knows. 

I LOVE being a missionary. It's glorious. It's wonderful. It's hard. But it's eternally worth it. YOU all can be missionaries now too. You don't need the badge. If you don't share it, how can they know? Don't be afraid to open your mouth. 

I love you all. 
Have a fantastic week!

Sister Adams

Sister Adams and her district at the temple. TUNG CHUNG DISTRICT!

1 comment:

  1. Good job, one should always cherish almost everything. I totally agree one should share their achievements with others. Loved the post, thank you for writing it

    ReplyDelete