Wednesday, November 4, 2015

The One Where All We Need Is Faith, Trust, And A Little Bit Of Pizza Dust!

Hello!
Mindy wrote us again! She is such an amazing person and I hope you all love hearing about what she is up to and what she is learning as much as we do :) She seems to be having a great time at the MTC. Super excited to keep hearing from her!
Here is this week's email :)



"Faith, Trust and a little bit of Pizza Dust!" MTC Week 3

Leih Hou! 

This week has gone by SO SO fast, on Thursday I sat there for five minutes trying to figure out how my week had gone from Sunday to Thursday so quickly. I've done so much in so little time and it's definitely been a week of trusting in the Lord. 

I have decided that Nephi will forever be one of my Book of Mormon heroes, because he is so courageous and trusting when following God's will for him. Throughout first Nephi, we constantly see Nephi state things like, "...I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandment unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them..." and "...I was led by the spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do...". Nephi NEVER knows what new thing the Lord will ask of him but he always does it without hesitation and without murmuring because he knows he can trust Heavenly Father to lead him somewhere awesome! I'm striving to become like Nephi and to trust the Lord more. To let His will and plan become my will and plan. 

My personal study/ every lesson (I had 6 lessons this week, three of those were on saturday morning and one was Relief Society) I taught this week was all on faith. What is faith? How do we obtain it? What can we do through faith? What are some blessing that come with faith? Faith, as it turns out is ALL about trusting the Lord, being obedient to what he asks of you and hoping that He will bless you for your righteous efforts. So, in life, all you need is a little bit of Faith, Trust and pixie dust or as Sister McNeely thought I said, "Pizza dust" (Which is really funny because that's literally the MTC lifestyle in one sentence). 

We got an apostle on Tuesday! That was seriously so cool! The wave of spirit that he brought in the room with him was absolutely incredible. I hadn't remembered what it felt like to be in the same room as an apostle or prophet but that was an incredible magical moment. The power of the Holy Ghost was most definitely a tangible thing while he was there. He spoke of sacrifice, opposition, adversary and deliverance. We have to sacrifice something in our lives to become something better. It's a small thing that he Lord asks of us and the blessing we get for that sacrifice are worth that sacrifice 1000 times over. Adversary will always try to force you back to what you were before you made the sacrifice, or worse. PUSH AGAINST IT. Do not let opposition force you down a slippery slope. The adversary knows us VERY well and he tries to work with our weaknesses, our guilt, and our selfishness. Be a "disturbance and annoyance to the kingdom" of the adversary (JSH). We know enough... God has blessed us with talents, tools and support systems to help us in this life. We trials and opposition come, we need to tighten our belts, smile and utilize the things that the Lord gave us. "I will not leave you comfortless, I will come to you". He promises that if we pray, and use the tools He gave us that he will ease the burdens from us, not take them away, but ease them until they don't feel much like a burden anymore. 

We hosted new missionaries on Wednesday (which was weird because you don't usually do that until your fourth week here) but it was so fun. I hosted two sets of three new sisters, which is a lot. We were low on sisters this week and then they just kept piling the sisters on me.. It was so fun to talk with them and feel of their nervousness and excitement. It was sad to tell their families that they had to go though, there was a lot of tears and I wasn't really prepared for that. It's so fun to see them smiling and enjoying their first week around campus though. 

I can finally eat whatever I want again (YAY!). I discovered that it was the milk. So, I've just been avoiding milk since then. Oh, and yesterday was fast Sunday and I didn't get hangry at all! hungry? yes. But hangry, not a bit! I ate like three plates of food at dinner and then continued to eat snacks and candy until I went to bed. I just couldn't stop. It was quite a tender mercy. My companion told me she was shocked at how talkative and happy I was yesterday (She's already witnessed my hangry side and had been praying for me. LOL!)

This gospel blesses families. I know that for a fact. I don't know where I would be without my family. And it makes me SO incredibly happy to know that I get to love them for eternity and not just for my life on this earth. This gospel HEALS families. I have witnessed miracles about this, not just from home, but from things I've seen here in the MTC. Never doubt that families are central to God's plan and that He will do all He can to aide you in your families. God loves families. God love HIS family, which is what I am so excited to share with the people of Hong Kong. A lot of these people don't even know that they have a Heavenly Father and He REALLY wants to here from Him. I get to be the person who hands them the phone (prayer) that let's them speak to Him. I could not be more excited about my purpose for the next year and a half. "If we want to talk to God, we pray. If we want God to talk to us, we read the scriptures." Don't forget that God wants to talk to you just as much as He wants to hear from you. He wants to help you in your life. 

And when they shall have received this, which is expedient that they should have first, to try their faith, and if it shall so be that they shall believe these things then shall the greater things be made manifest unto them. (2 Nephi 26:9) 

God teaches us line upon line. Precept on precept. He never gives us more than we can handle or understand. Trust in His plan for your life. And don't forget to have more Faith, trust and pizza dust in your life.  

I love you all so much and I'm so grateful to have you in my life. Each of you has truly contributed into a part of who I am today. My testimony is what it is because of you. Thank you for being so amazing.





This is Sister Adams' District at the Provo MTC. Isn't she so cute?! 


Sister Mindy Mint, Sister Leonard and their friend, Elder Yazzie, from Yokota!
They were all in the same ward together in Japan. Elder Yazzie left to serve the
good people of Turkey!



No comments:

Post a Comment