Thursday, December 22, 2016

The One Where Sister Mindy Talks About Her Thanksgiving In Hong Kong!

Thanksgiving in Hong Kong! She has less than 6 months left until she's home! wahoo!
pictures!!

Here is her November 27th email
hope you enjoy :)


"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!"


Hello Everyone!

Thanksgiving was awesome! I made a turkey, gravy and helped make pumpkin rolls for the first time in my life (shout out to all you moms who make Thanksgiving incredible every year, that's a lot of hard work!!!!). It was super fun and actually didn't turn out as awful as I thought it was going to! For Thanksgiving, we missionaries were given time to celebrate. We all participated in making the dinner and providing the games. It was really fun and we got to get to know our Zone better, so it was a definite plus!

The temperature dropped this week! It went from 26 degrees celsius to a really cold 13 degrees. I was not expecting it. All my winter gear was still mildewing in my suitcase. But i got smart and pulled it out and it's in the wash. LOL! It was a cold weekend though. The air is not the only thing preparing for Christmas, Hong Kong is lighting up with Christmas decorations and it is the most exciting thing ever! I walk around singing Christmas carols (sorry Sister Christensen) and i'm just so excited! How blessed are we? We have a Savior and an incredible opportunity to celebrate His birth every year. I'm feeling blessed. LOL! I'm so grateful i get to wear His name over my heart every day.

To update you on my investigators, they are all doing well! we're working on building their faith and belief in a living, loving God. I never realized how blessed I am to have been born with this knowledge until I had to teach others about this knowledge. It's not always something that comes easily to people. It takes a lot of trust and time. I'm proud of them though because at least their taking those first steps toward change and Heavenly Father.

I'm sorry that this post is sort of lame today! We're going to ride bikes today so i've got to rush. I love you all a bunch and i hope that you have a wonderful start to your December. LET CHRISTMAS BEGIN!!!!

My scripture of the day: "Therefore, I endure all things for the elect's sake, that they may also obtain the Salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory." 2Timothy 2:10. I'm willing to endure all things for the sake of those that are ready to come up to Christ! Are you?

Love you all!
Sister Adams



Mindy and her companion took a trip to the outside of Disneyland!

Sister Mindy and her companion, Sister Christensen

Sister Mindy's Thanksgiving feast

Sister Mindy Mint's first mexican food in Hong Kong since she got there!


No comments:

Post a Comment