Thursday, December 22, 2016

The One Where Sister Mindy Mint Talks About Her Attitude Of Gratitude

Here Is mindy's November 20th email
no pictures, but still a great email!
hope you enjoy :)



"An Attitude of Gratitude"

Hello Everybody!

How are you all this week? HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

i love this holiday! Food, family, gratitude, football (oops, not for me!). It's all wonderful! Treasure it!

So, Thanksgiving in Hong Kong is interesting because almost everybody knows what it is, thinks it is an awesome idea, but does not celebrate it. I laugh every time i have a conversation with someone about it because they just love the idea of it but also consider it very American. We missionaries are blessed with the opportunity to celebrate every year though. I'll give you updates about that next week!

This week was an interesting one for sure. Our investigators are progressing pretty good! No baptismal dates yet, but God is good and miracles are happening every day. It's hard to see all the different trials that Satan throws at these people. Every single one of them has COMPLETELY different trials that are pretty rooted into them. but it's also awe-inspiring to watch the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Book of Mormon answer their concerns and open their eyes. It's been challenging to teach them, but i'm learning a lot. This gospel is true and the Atonement of Jesus Christ can change every life.

in honor of Thanksgiving this week, I've been studying A LOT about gratitude. There's a quote that I found by a German Author name Dietrich Bonhoeffer that I really like. He says, "It is only with gratitude that life becomes rich." I love this because it's true. Gratitude has this amazing ability of bringing LIFE back into our lives! I was reading a talk from April 2016 titled "A summer with Great Aunt Rose." In it is a story about a little girl whose great aunt Rose teaches her about love, faith, and hope. Aunt Rose taught ME a lot about gratitude. The story talks about how happy and joyous Aunt Rose is and how everybody loves to be around her and feel happy around her. She explains that it's easy to let life get you down. It's so easy to see everything that you are lacking, but that's not a happy way to live life. That path doesn't lead to a life that is so rich with color, laughter, and light. When we strive to maintain and "attitude of gratitude" we start to discover just how richly blessed we are. We start to realize that the love of God is greater than we ever realized. 

I am grateful to be a missionary in Hong Kong. I am grateful to be companions with Sister Christensen. I am grateful to serve in Tsim She Tsui. I am immensely grateful for my family. More than all of that is my gratitude for my Savior, Jesus Christ. I can't express it. I am so immeasurably grateful for a Heavenly Father and for His guidance and blessings in my life. You cannot find a more blessed person than me. :P I truly love this gospel and I KNOW that it is true. There is no doubt in my mind about it.

I hope you all take a moment to "count your blessings" this week and really notice the details that God has paid attention to and helped direct. 

I love you all! Have a great week!

Sister Adams



No comments:

Post a Comment