Thursday, March 16, 2017

The One Where Sister Mindy Had A Very Spiritual Week

hello all!
I must admit, i have actually completely forgotten about this blog for a while. i really do apologize! i'm about to make that up to you by posting all kinds of Mindy's emails. WAHOOOOO!!!


Here is Sister Mindy's January 22, 2017 email.



It feels a bit like flying.


Hello!!

Welcome to another week of possibly lame updates from Sister Adams! :) I hope all had a great week because I know that I did.

This week was a spiritual one for me and i'm so grateful for that. I got to attend the temple on Tuesday (so blessed!!!) and i had some really incredible lessons this weeks and I also had the privilege of attending a baptism this week as well. Spiritual highs are wonderful and I wish that everyday could be like that because it truly feels like flying. I think that someone once described it as "celestial moments". I really like that. It's those moments where you get a tiny taste of what heaven must feel like it's awesome. I really truly hope that each of you have the opportunity to feel them.

We had a really spiritual lesson with our investigator, Candy, after the baptism. She asked a lot of really good questions about baptism (because she was there to see it) and we got to know a little bit more of her concerns. She's really good though. She prays and read the Book of Mormon. She's been praying about baptism since we last taught it to her and during this lesson, she accepted a baptismal date for April 1st. She hasn't been to church yet, so that's our biggest trial. That's why we put it so far out but we're excited. I really hope this goal gives her something to progress towards and that she will learn and grow. It was a fun lesson for me as well because it was in Mandarin. I can understand a lot of the gospel terms in Mandarin but here are some things that I just can't get yet. Anyway, in the lesson there was a point where I felt prompted to share a scripture but because I didn't know what was going on in the lesson (flashbacks to my first months in Hong Kong) I didn't want to share it and mess up the power of the lesson. I finally worked up the nerve to share it and it ended up being a scripture that she needed to read. I just love having those kind of situations and moments come up in the work where you know that Heavenly Father has your back and that if you trust the promptings of the Holy Ghost, things are all going to work out. So cool!

I also had a cool opportunity to sing in sacrament meeting yesterday. We sang, "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" and it's still one of my favorite hymns of all time. I love the verse that says, "O to grace, how great a debtor daily i'm constrained to be! Let they goodness, as a fetter, bind my wandering heart to thee. Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it. Prone to leave the God I love; Here's my heart, O take and seal it, seal it for They courts above." I like this verse because it's one of those things that just echoes in your soul. It hits a string. I truly know that every single day, I am in debt to my Heavenly Father and my Savior, Jesus Christ. If it wasn't for their miraculous love, mercy, and grace, I would not be where i am nor would I be who I am today. Everyday I hope that I can give my heart a little bit more so that someday I can have a place in His courts. 

Anyway, cheesy email today but these kinds of weeks only happen every once in a while. I don't have much more to say. I love Tsing Yi. I love my companions, investigators, and members. I'm learning a lot. Heavenly Father's plans and ways are always greater than my ways...so here I am, still learning how to trust Him and follow Him and enjoy the ride.

Have a fantastic week!

Sister Adams


Here is a picture of Sister Mindy, her companions, and their recent convert, Miki and her mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment