Thursday, March 16, 2017

The One Where Sister Mindy Talks About Her Celebration Of The Chinese New Year!

Another blogpost about another email of our dear missionary.
She comes home in 7 weeks, people. I REPEAT, 7 WEEKS!!!!!!!


Here is her January 29th email:


HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR #2


Well, Everyone! I have officially survived another Chinese New Year (actually I am still surviving it. Libraries are closed during the holidays so i'm emailing in a sketchy 24 hour internet cafe, but don't worry it's super safe)!

It was a ghost town in the mornings again but still super fun! You can always tell when it's New Year because everybody and their dog goes to mainland China and/or is super busy with their families. It's like Christmas in America. Because we had so much time and we quickly found out that calling people would be pointless, we put most of our efforts on less-active finding, street finding, organizing our records, and making something for our members for Chinese New Year. Sister Vasseur had these really great coupons that let us get 60 really pretty Red Pocket packets for free and we could get a picture with them, so we took a picture of us found missionaries and we made them. Then we put some candy in it and New Year cards and gave them to our members at New Years. It turned out pretty good. They really, really liked them. I also had the opportunity to go on exchanges with Sister Curtis (and MTC buddy that I haven't had the opportunity of seeing in a while...) and it was so fun! We went singing in the park with the Elders and got to pass out a TON of cards and got some good contacts. Caroling in January is still okay! :)

One thing that I love about Chinese New Year is all the greetings and blessings that people send to each other. They are constantly wishing each other healthy bodies, energy, success in life/business, beauty, and money. Haha! It's fun to experience. It reminds me of where all our blessings truly come from though. I love being a missionary because we have a special calling and authority to act in the Savior's name. I love being able to visit people and pray with them because I know that the blessing that I ask Heavenly Father for on their home will actually come to pass. I know that the source of all the wonderful blessings that we have are from Heavenly Father. He loves us and He looks for any excuse to bless us. 

I hope that you have a safe and blessed week. I love you all. Don't forget to pray and remember to look for opportunities to share your glorious blessings. 

Love you!
Sister Adams


Sister Adams and Sister Curtis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment