Wednesday, September 28, 2016

The One Where Mindy Tells Us About How Her Mission Is Worth All The Hardship

i have accepted the fact that i will forever be behind on this blog posting thing. Seriously, why was i put in charge of this?
Here is Mindy's September 4th, 2016 email. hope you enjoy! :) she's the cutest! And i LOVE her testimony that she gives in this email.




Hello Everyone!!!



Just a quick email because i'm almost out of time. But i am actually not in a companionship with Sister Ng and Sister Terry anymore. (sorry, i unintentionally lied). I got the call to train a new missionary on Tuesday morning with a "please come pick her up tomorrow." It was a little bit of a shock because Sister Ng, Sister Terry and I had finally gotten adjusted to the fact that we would be in a crazy trio for the transfer when we got the call. (Sister Ng will tell you that she saw it coming and that she was "waiting for the phone to ring" but i don't believe her. I saw her study journal. She was making plans for how to care for both areas just like the rest of us ;P). My new companion is Sister Christensen. She's from Gilbert, Arizona. Her cantonese already rocks, she already loves being a missionary, and she is a SUPER sweet heart. I love her already and I can already tell that it's going to be a transfer of miracles.

So, Sister Christensen and I will be tearing it up in Tsim Sha Tsui. Hitting the streets looking for prepared souls, loving our less actives in to coming to church, and serving our members. All the while, having fun while we do it and striving to become more like the Savior. For those of you who are wondering about what being a missionary is like in Hong Kong, let me tell you. It is the hardest thing that you will ever do. IT's hard phsycially, emotionally, spiritually and especially mentally but it is also SOOOO worth it. It is one of the happiest things that you could ever do! Just give it your all, love the people, eat the food, and work hard. the best things in life are the things that you make sacrifices for. There's a quote by a pioneer that says something like, "I would make those same sacrifices over and over again because that journey taught me about my Savior." That's what being a missionary is like. Stay strong. Keep Going. It's worth it. 

Anyway, I went to Zone Conference this week and we talked a little bit about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. One scripture passage that was shared is D&C 19:16-19. It truly is one of my favorite scriptures about the Atonement of Jesus Christ but my favorite verse in the section is actually verse 15. Verse 15 reads, "Therefore I command you to repent -- repent, lest i smite you by the rod of my mouth, and by my wrath, and by my anger, and your sufferings be sore --(and here is my personal favorite part) how sore you know not, how exquisite you know not, yea, how hard to bear you know not." I like this verse because if there is anyone that has the authority to call us to repentance it is most definitely the Savior of the World. He can call us to repent because He's the one who had to bear the burden of that sin. HE KNOWS what if feels like. He has every right to be righteously angry when we refuse the gift that He has given us because the gift was incredibly hard to give. It cost Him His life. We literally cannot comprehend, we cannot know the pains and harships the He went through for us. The only things that He asks in return is that we repent, we let Him take the burden He's already felt and we strive to be better. I, myself, truly hope that I did not cause too many drops of blood to be shed for my sake. I'm grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ and I am grateful that I have the scriptures so that I can learn of and remember Him. The scriptures always say things much better than I can, So i'm grateful for their words and for the witness and light that they bring to my life. 

I love my Savior, I love Tsim Sha Tsui, I love Sister Christensen, and i love being a missionary.

Have a great week everyone!

Love, Sister Adams



Sister Adams with her companion, Sister Christensen!

Sister Mindy at her super messy desk. 


No comments:

Post a Comment