Tuesday, September 13, 2016

The One Where Mindy Tells Us About How We Can Find Rest In Our Souls

Always behind...hope you're used to it :P
here is Mindy's Aug 28th email. she included pictures on this one! enjoy :)


"Never weary of good works"

Hello Everyone!

Not much for you this week, other than the fact that I had to send home my companion, Sister Villasin on Thursday. :( I miss her a lot already but i'm proud of her and i'm grateful for all the things that I was able to learn from her. My two new companions are Sister Ng and Sister Terry. We are now serving over two different areas! Kowloon City and Tsim Sha Tsui. It's been really hard to balance time in two different areas and balance speaking time between three different people in a lesson but we're figuring it out and laughing our way through all the mistakes made. We're having lots of fun even though we feel confused 98% of the time. HAHA

None of us are really sure how long this trio is going to last, because the Tsim Sha Tsui and Kowloon City Elders are in a trio too, so we're all feeling some big changes in the air but i'll keep you updated and let you know what happens. Unity is going to have to be a big emphasis in the next transfer (not that it wasn't already) and we'll have to go to a lot more meetings..lol! It's gonna be great though and i'm excited for the new challenges ahead. Hong Kong is ALWAYS an exciting place to be a missionary.

My title today is from the scripture in Alma 37:33-34. Alma is instructing his son, Helaman, and says, "Preach unto them repentance, and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; teach them to humble themselves and to be meek and lowly of heart; teach them to withstand every temptation of the devil, with their faith on the Lord Jesus Christ. Teach them never to weary of good works, but to be meek and lowly of heart; for such shall find rest to their souls." I can testify that this is true. I find the most rest for my soul when I am serving other and not being weary of doing good works for others. I find rest for my soul when i'm being humble and meek to what the Lord, my mission leaders, my ward leaders, and my companions ask from me. I have peace in my soul when I am teaching others to resist temptations, overcome sin and humble themselves through faith in Jesus Christ. 

Hard times come. They always will, but instead of resisting them, be humble. Do "good works." Share with others, serve others and you WILL find rest in your souls. Doing these things will bring you closer to the Savior and help you grow your faith. They will help you overcome temptation and truly help you repent. Don't be weary of good works. Serve others and give them the opportunity to serve you. If you don't let people serve you, you deny them blessings that could be theirs. 

Christ lives. Christ loves. I truly know that we can find peace and rest in our souls if we will be humble and trust in the Plan that God has for us. I know that Christ truly died for us and Atoned for our pains, afflictions, sorrows, and sins. I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we all have the opportunity to be made whole, to be made perfect, to have peace. 

I love you all. Have a fantastic week!

Sister Adams


Sister Mindy and Her old companion Sister Villasin

Mindy with her new companions and the companion she sent home


No comments:

Post a Comment