Monday, January 11, 2016

The One Where Mindy Doesn't Write Much This Week

Hello Everyone! This week's email is really short, our lovely missionary didn't have a lot of time to email this week! We sure are glad she took the little amount of time she had to email us anyway! enjoy :)


Short Emails because Mouh Sihgaan

Sorry it's going to be a short email today. I don't have very much time to write, too many adventures to go on and people to share the gospel with. ;)

Let's see... there is one thing that I particularly want to share about this week. It's about one of my investigators. She's from Fiji and her husband is from Hong Kong. I recently found out (as in yesterday recently) that she speaks over four languages and of those languages, the languages that we teach her in (english and cantonese) are the languages that are the hardest for her to understand and communicate in. BUT she is soo prepared and so fantastic. I'm humbled by the opportunity to help the spirit teach her. She's been a testimony builder to me of the fact that the Lord is preparing people LONG before we meet that and that the spirit is the one that does the teaching, not the missionaries. 

Sister Takahashi and I are just loving it here in Sham Shui Po. The only advice that I have for people coming to Hong Kong (to visit or to serve a mission) is to come during the winter. I've been blessed by fantastic weather. The other missionaries keep telling me how miserable the summers are here. So, their advice for people coming here in the summer is to bring thin DRESSES. Not shirts and tops. All the layers and the tucking isn't worth it. 

Anyway, have a great week everyone. Remember that the Lord is aware of you and knows what you need. Go to Him for everything. You'll be blessed. 

LOVE YOU. 

Sister Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment