Tuesday, August 9, 2016

The One Where India Was Put In Charge So Of Course I'm Super Behind On Posting On Mindy's Blog

Hello everyone. It's been too long since i've posted about our gorgeous missionary. I'm getting back into it. Life went a little crazy sauce for a bit and unfortunately this was on the back back burner. Time to get caught up!
Since i'm going to get caught up, i will be posting the last two emails of July on this one
SOOOO YAY TWOOOO EMAILS!!!
enjoy :)
p.s. This missionary sister is more than halfway through her mission!! WAHOO!!!!!


here is her email from July 11, 2016

"Expect miracles today"


Hello Everyone!

I don't remember if I shared that title with you guys or not. When we power on our phones here in the mission, the phone plays a little tune and the screen reads "Expect miracles today." It's become a little bit of a catch phrase for me because I truly believe that God gives every single one of us miracles every day. We just have to have the eyes to see them.

That being said, some miracles that we saw this week are, some new investigators! Some investigators that are keeping commitments! A ward who loves their missionaries! Lots of people willing to talk to us in parks, buses, bathrooms, on the street, and in the lobby of our building. And some summer missionaries that are willing to step out of their comfort zones and make sacrifices to love the people that I love so much. I'm really, truly so proud of my summer missionaries. I love them both so much.

As a missionary, I don't usually get to hear very much about what is going on in the world outside of my little section of the world. But, this week I got to get a little more information that i usually do. There's a scripture that has brought me a lot of comfort when it comes to the world, it is Ether 12:4, "Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which world make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God." I love this scripture because it doesn't say that everything will be good all at once, it just tells us to have hope. Have hope and be steadfast. God gives us trials to humble us, to help His children remember Him. If we are faithful and steadfast then it doesn't matter what happens in the world around us. All that matters is that we will KNOW that there is something better coming around the corner. 

Have HOPE. Be abounding in good works. Be humble and remember that God has it all figured out. He knows the end from the beginning. He's got it all worked out, we just have to trust, plan well, and "expect miracles today."

I love you all. Keep your chins up and keep fighting. There's always sunshine after a storm.

Love,
Sister Adams


here is her email from July 17, 2016


something that I learned quite well this week is the need for "opposition is all things." If i didn't have hard weeks, I wouldn't be able to appreciate the good weeks. We taught the Plan of Salvation a lot this week and one part that really stood out to me was Adams and Eve. We had an investigator this week that had a really hard time understanding the scripture in 2 Nephi 2:25 that says: " Adam fell that men might be, and men are, that they may have joy." She had a hard time accepting that Adam and Eve didn't know joy in the Garden of Eden. Actually, there were a lot of things about the Plan of Salvation that she told us she didn't believe because they weren't things that she had grown up hearing. But as i've studied Adam and Eve more, and the other parts of the Plan of Salvation to be able to better answer her questions, i've come to have an even greater appreciation for my Heavenly Father and for the sacrifices that Adam and Eve made for all mankind. I hope that my investigator opens her heart and mind to feel the Spirit the next time that we teach her. I'm grateful for the learning experience that I had from that lesson this week. My summer missionary took the opposition and the unbelief like a champ. I'm so grateful for her.

We had lots of other disappointments happen as well. We had some investigators drops us, some less-actives not come to church after promising for the 5th time they would come, and lots of rejection from finding. BUT, we also had some incredible miracles. We have loving ward members who are willing to support our ideas and give up their time to help us. We had a wonderful two weeks of 4 sister missionaries finding, teaching, and loving the people in TST and we made some new friends that I hope continue to have interest in learning more. As I mentioned above, these oppositions made it possible for me to better appreciate the good times, the times of laughter and fun. Opposition made it possible for me to gain a deeper testimony of my Savior and these oppositions made me more grateful for the sacrifices of those that I work with and the sacrifices of those that have come before me. I'm blessed to be here and blessed to have a Heavenly Father that's patient with my weaknesses and my impatience. "For it must needs be that there be opposition in all things...If not, ...righteousness could not be brought to pass."

I made it to the halfway point this week and I cannot believe how fast the time has gone. I wish I could put to words how much my mission has meant to me thus far but I really can't describe it well enough. To keep it short i'll just say that my mission has changed my life and I never want to go back to what I was. the time that i've spent here, the love that i've felt, the joy, the pain, the disappointments, the triumphs, they are all so precious to me. I think of the scripture Mosiah 18:30,  "...how beautiful are they [the city of Hong Kong] to the eyes of them who there came to the knowledge of their Remdeemer; yea, and how blessed are they [the missionaries] for they shall sing His praise forever." Hong Kong has truly become a precious place to me because it was here that I came to better understand my Savior and I'm forever indebted to these people and to my Heavenly Father for giving me this knowledge.

Never forget how blessed you are and how loved you are. Keep working hard and keep learning to love those around you. My invitation is for each of you to think of a place that is precious to you and why it was precious and figure out why Heavenly Father gave you that precious place.

I love you all! Have a great week!

Love, 
Sister Adams

P.s. I sadly had to drop off my summer missionaries today but they will forever hold a special place in my heart. i'm not sure what God has in store for each of us but I know that it's beyond comprehension and imagination.




"Sister Ng and I celebrated our 9 months in the mission field together at Pizza Hut. Thank you Sister Ng for being a constant presence in my mission life. I love you! Thank you for being such an incredible example and friend to me. " -Sister Mindy





No comments:

Post a Comment