Wednesday, June 15, 2016

The One Where Sister Adams Talks About One Of The People She Is Teaching

Hey everyone! here is this week's email from our beautiful missionary. it's short, but sweet! enjoy!



I thought of a clever title but I can't remember now


Hello Everyone!

I only have a little bit of time, which is probably a good thing because my brain is jumping all over the places. There's just so much to think about.

First off, I am doing great! Blessed as always and grateful that I have a Heavenly Father who knows me perfectly and knows the best ways to help me grow. I'm also grateful for the people that He has put in my life to lift me up, help me stretch, and get me through tough trials. He never leaves us alone, He usually works through others to bless us.

We had a meeting this week with one of our less-actives. Her name is Alexandria and she's changing!! It's been so awesome to watch. We've met with her maybe three times so far and this last time that we met with her, her countenance had changed, her perspective of life had changed and her faith has grown. I'm so proud of her. When we first met her, she had absolutely NO faith that God is real and she told us flat out that she thought Jesus Christ is a fairy tale. My heart just about broke for her. In the first meeting, we testified of Heavenly Father and His love for her. While we were talking with her, I felt prompted to tell her that the Book of Mormon would answer all of her questions and that if she read it with real intent and prayed EVERYDAY. She's been praying everyday and reading giant chunks at a time, more than we even assign her. When we meet with her, the changes in her are incredible and she even admits to recognizing God's hand in her life and seeing the miracles that He has given her. The Book of Mormon is answering her questions, just like we've promised it would and although she hasn't come back to church yet, her faith is growing. I'm so proud of her and excited to see her progress more and come to REALLY feel God's love in her life. This gospel changes people and the Book of Mormon can answer EVERY question we have. We just have to read with real intent and trust that God will answer us. 

God is changing the people in Hong Kong and opening doors and windows for us to come through. I'm truly grateful to be able to witness these miracles. Sister Mendoza and I are still loving Tsim Sha Tsui and are constantly amazed at Heavenly Father's miracles that He has poured on us in this area. They haven't come without opposition and work from us, but we've been repaid 1000% what we put in. 

Heavenly Father loves you. He hears your prayers. Keep your chins up and trust in His timing. I love you all too and I hope that you have an incredible week.

SHOUT OUT TO MY DAD!! Happy Father's Day! I am so blessed to have had such an amazing father in my life. You're a blessing to me and a pillar of strength to our family. I hope that your other kids spoil you this week. :) thank you. thank you. thank you. 

Talk to you later!

Sister Adams 

No comments:

Post a Comment