Friday, June 3, 2016

The One Where Sister Mindy Teaches Us The Gospel Is Not 'One-Size-Fits-All'

Here is this week's email! it's short, but she still wrote us. enjoy :)


This Gospel is not a "one-size-fits-all" gospel


Hello Everyone!

We had a wet, humid and eventful week this week. The heat and humidity is starting to sweep it's way in and I can already tell that this summer is going to be a hot one. I'm excited for this very sweaty adventure I'm about to embark on. (while typing this i'm actually shivering because the air conditioning in the library is blasting)

Sister Mendoza and I are still loving TST ward and area. We see miracles everyday and it's been a joy working and growing with her for a month already! Can you believe that?!

I wish that I could say that my title was my own words but I'm not wise enough for that. This week we had Zone Conference, which means that we get trainings from the President and Sister Lam, the Assistants to the president and other leaders in the zone. This meeting was such a tender mercy because through these trainings, the Lord was able to give me answers to questions I didn't even know I had and to point out weaknesses that I have that are impeding the progression of myself and my investigators. I particulary loved the training given by Elder James (one of the senior missionaries). He talked about how missions have ALWAYS been hard. He went through and named many missionaries from the scriptures who have had hard mission, including Christs' mission. He then told us that despite mission being hard, we need to continue to try our best and not get discouraged. We need to be more worthy of the spirit and design the lessons to fit people's needs. Christ can heal every single person, but the Atonement is never applied in the same way. It's different for everyone. 

I hope that you all are applying this gospel and the Atonement of Jesus Christ to fit your needs. Don't change the doctrine but simplify it and find a way to make it work because it truly works. 

I love you all. Have a great week.

Sister Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment