Tuesday, March 15, 2016

The One Where Mindy Tells Us About Truth

Our beautiful missionary has written again this week! i hope you enjoy :)




Mountains to Climb and "Which church is true?"

Hello everybody!

The pictures I sent this week are from a famous hike here is Hong Kong called Lions Rock. It's called this because from certain angles on the ground, it looks like a Lion's head jutting out of the mountain. Kind of like an egytian sphinx. I'm blessed to be in an area where I get to see this cool sight every day, but I keep forgetting to take a picture of it so, that will have to come at a later date.

One question that has become one of my favorite questions to answer is "which church is true?". I love this questions because it ALWAYS opens up a way for me to bear my testimony of Jesus Christ and about God's love. I'm able to testify of a God that loves us so much that He gave us a living prophet and restored Christs' full, hope-filled gospel back to the earth. Yesterday on the way to church, we met a lady on the train who was also on her way to church (a different church). She started asking us the usual questions, "Where are you from?", "What are you doing here in Hong Kong?" ... etc. Then her questions started to change. She started asking us questions like why we felt it was necessary for us to come to Hong Kong when Hong Kong already has so many different churches that believe in the same stuff. We then felt prompted to ask her why she thought there were so many churches in Hong Kong, when we all seem to believe in the same stuff. She replied that she had never thought of it before and started asking more questions about our leadership and other things. We invited her to come to church with us (because she had told us that she had never been to another church other than her own) and to see what the difference was between the church. She denied the invitation but before we got off the train, we were able to leave her with a pamphlet and a testimony that despite there being so many churches in the world, there is only one God and He wants her to be able to find the truth for herself and to be able to become like Him. We told her that the pamphlet would be able to answer more of her questions and that if she ever wanted to learn more, we'd be happy to help her.

I am so grateful that I live in a time where I have the truth. I don't have to wonder which chruch is true. I don't have to "church shop" every time that I move to a new area because this chruch is the same worldwide. I am so blessed to have been raised by parents who loved their Savior and tried to teach their kids to follow and love Him too. I testify that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Jesus Christs' true church on earth today. I know that because of the Book of Mormon. I know that because I've prayed about it and God, through the Holy Ghost, has told me it is true. I know that because everyday, despite my weaknesses and sins, I get to see miracles happen, and I get to see evidence of a loving God in every living thing on this earth. I am blessed to be able to share this hopeful, incredible news with the people of Hong Kong who, just like Joseph Smith, wonder which chruch is true. I know that this gospel can change lives, can help people become better parents, siblings and children, because it's changed mine. I get to see the light and life that it brings to others who are lost everyday that I've been here in Hong Kong.

Don't ever take this gospel for granted. There are so many people out there that are lost and searching for the truth. If you have the truth, share it with others and remember how blessed you are because you have something that will give you happiness now and eternal life later, what could be better than that!? If you are doubting the truth, I invite you to read the Book of Mormon and pray with real intent and you'll wonder why you ever doubted it. You'll wonder why you ever slacked on gaining a further conversion of these truths. Don't get lazy once you have it, you have to keep gaining more or it goes away. There's no such thing as being stagnate in life, you're either going forward or you're moving backward. God asks us to do these tiny things; pray everyday, read everyday, go to church, and when we do them, we're blessed even more!

We all have mountains to climb, times when we are weak, challenges that seem like they're never going to end. I have these too. I'm so far from perfect it's almost terrifying to think about how much I still need to change, but that is the miracle of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. We're taken from where we are now, and raised to something higher. I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ we can overcome our trials, our weaknesses, and our sins. Jesus Christ has felt EVERYTHING that we will ever feel, which is why the Atonement covers every aspect of our lives.

I don't have any more time to write more, but I challenge you all to look at where you are now is life and figure out how the Atonement of Jesus Christ can life you up higher. I know that there is always something more we cojuld be doing.

I love you all so much and I hope you have a great week.

Love,
Sister Adams


No comments:

Post a Comment