Wednesday, February 24, 2016

The One Where Everything is Soaked in Alcohol

Here is this week's email from the awesome Sister Mindy Mint! we didn't get an email last week, so hope you enjoy this one!


Alcoholic Peanuts and The Miracles of Member Missionary Work

Hello! 

I hope that your weeks have been as amazing as mine! 

To start out, I want to share a well-loved scripture of mine. Helamen 5:12 reads, "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his might winds (and he most definitely WILL), yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have NO POWER over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build THEY CANNOT FALL." When we have Christ as our anchor, as our foundation, as our light, WE CANNOT FALL. We WILL have trials and difficulties but we will have happiness in our trials and we will be able to be strengthened in our trails more than we ever thought possible. Christ is the ONLY foundation that will give us that happiness and strength. He is the only way. 

Sister Takahashi and I had some incredible miracles this week and some incredibly funny moments! This week, in every single lesson that we taught, we were able to have a member present! It was incredible! I made a promise to myself that I would help this ward grow to love missionary work, to help light that desire to share the gospel in their souls and it's amazing how quickly God has already shown me the blessings of that. Through member missionary work,  our ward's relationship with one another is becoming stronger, my personal relationship and love for my ward has been strengthened and we've been able to find more investigators to bring to church. Member missionary work is really the only way that we have success as missionaries and I'm really excited to see how this will help the ward in the future. 

My advice that I have for all of you this week is to recognize that you CAN help the missionaries and we really truly need your help. I want to ask you all, after you do your personal scripture study, to pray for a name of someone that you can share the gospel with. I can truly promise you that God will give you a name. After you receive that name, I want you to realize that promptings from God are INCREDIBLY precious. If you receive a prompting from God and you don't act on it, how can God trust you with different promptings in the future? Follow these promptings, don't let Satan put fear in your heart or make you think that you are incapable of sharing the gospel. Something as small as giving someone a Book of Mormon, or sharing your testimony is enough. No effort is wasted effort. Even if that person doesn't accept it now, you've given them the tools and you've told them where they can find happiness. You've planted a seed and that's more than enough for God to work with. For those of you reading this that are preparing for missions, street finding is great, but member missionary work is amazing. Member missionary work is where we see the most miracles and where we see wards and stakes blessed. Focus your efforts on members and member missionary work and you'll understand what I mean. 

Funny story from this week, we were given some peanuts that had been soaked in alcohol as a gift. My companion and a few other missionaries ate some before a member told us that they had alcohol in them. Apparently it's not uncommon here in asia for things like chocolates and peanuts to have alcohol in them. We've been more careful since then and I've committed the character for alcohol to memory. 

I promise other fun, funny and incredible things happened this week but I'm very much out of time, so TALK TO YOU NEXT WEEK! 

Love you! 

Sister Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment