Tuesday, December 1, 2015

The One Where Mindy Spends Thanksgiving In The MTC!

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAAYYYYYYY!!! MISSIONARY MONDAY! she's so good at writing :) bless her! Sounds like she had an AMAZING week! enjoy!


"Where there's a whale, there's a way" MTC Week ?

Exactly two week left in the MTC!!! YAY! Which means today is week 7 (?) but Wednesday is technically the start of week 8 for me, it's a bit confusing... I also get my flight plans on Friday this week. Hong Kong is rapidly becoming a reality!

Thanksgiving in the MTC was seriously magical. I loved every second of it. We had three different devotionals that we went to that day. At the first devotional, we got to hear from Elder Oaks and hear his cute family play some musical numbers. Elder Oaks quoted the Apostle Paul when he said; "We need to give thanks is all things." We need to be grateful for this gospel for helping us become who we need to be and for giving us hope and second chances. We need to be grateful for commandments because commandments protect us and will help us stay on the path to our Heavenly Fathers presence. We need to be grateful for our trials and adversities because those trials help us gain the experience we were sent here to gain, they help make us strong, the help us become for like our Savior and our Heavenly Father. Give thanks in all things and live in thanksgiving daily for the THOUSANDS of blessings that God gives us daily. We are so incredibly blessed by our loving Heavenly Father. 

The other devotional we had was a bout what our service project would be that day. I've heard that it was on the news but I'm not actually sure. You may be able to Google, "Feeding Children Everywhere" service project, or MTC thanksgiving service project. It was really fun! We bagged up lentil casserole meals that should be able to feed six people with each bag. I had a blast doing it and I'm honestly so grateful that I got to spend a Thanksgiving in the MTC serving others like that. Apparently, the founders of the organization are not LDS, but they LOVE coming to the MTC on Thanksgiving because not only is it one of the biggest service opportunities the organization has in a year but the missionaries work so quickly, get so much done and they do it smiles on their faces. "Our gifts and talents are not for us, they were given to us to bless the lives of those around us". I know that to be true. Why would we be given strong bodies, big hearts and amazing talents if not to share our talents, lift others burdens and love others deeply. God answers our prayers through people, so my challenge this week is to think of someone that may be in need of your service, or your talents. Do this prayerfully and act on the thoughts that pop into your mind. You will be amazed where God can lead you, or who might have needed your help. 

The third devotional was a "grateful tribute" where we sang songs, watch videos and heard quotes and the numerous things God has blessed us with including: music, our bodies, our talents, this gorgeous earth, this gospel, prophets, our families and our Savior, Jesus Christ. The very last song was, "I Believe in Christ", every single missionary in the room stood when we sang that song and the Spirit that filled the room was incredible. My favorite line in that song is in the fourth (?) verse, it says: "I Believe in Christ, so come what may..." Through Christ, our Savior, brother and Redeemer, we can do ALL things. We can face ANY trial. We can achieve ANY goal. We can love ANY person. We can escape ANY addiction or trap that Satan has ensnared us in. Through Christ, we are made whole, we are made clean, we are lifted up and filled with joy. Another song that has hit home for for this week is, "Savior, Redeemer of my Soul" (especially the version from 17 miracles, LOOK IT UP! It's so worth it.) "Savior, Redeemer of my soul. Whose mighty hands have made me whole. Whose wondrous power, has raised me up..." It's been stuck in my head for over a week and I don't even mind in the slightest. 

Anyway, I'm counting down the days until I get to be in Hong Kong. I'm so excited to share with them the joy of who our Heavenly Father and who are Savior is (and right in time for Christmas!) I'm also so grateful for this opportunity that I have to be on a mission. I'm grateful that Heavenly Father has let me be a part of His work and His purpose. I'm grateful for who He is turning me into, and that He gives me so many second chances when I fall short of what I should be doing. I'm grateful that He has blessed me with so many giving, loving and supportive people in my life. 

I hope you all have an amazing week! And I will be sharing a picture of the "tree of life" that we have here at the MTC because it is officially Christmas month for Sister Adams here at the MTC.  
LOVE YOU ALL!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment